Hi Everyone,

Participants are needed to fill out two surveys for two researches about prospective English teachers. You can find the links below, thank you.

An ideal foreign (English) teacher: http://www.surveey.com/SurveyStart.aspx?lang=2&surv=99bad792cd3f4541a703632fbc803f30

Students' Perceptions of Plagiaris: http://www.surveey.com/SurveyStart.aspx?lang=2&surv=17077df611f6424cbdb87f418ffa6605

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

4th Grade Unit 8 My Weekly Schedule Song Activities


SELİN TÜRK
09131070
3/B
TEACHING WITH SONGS
Grade: 4
Unit: 8, My Weekly Schedule
Language Point: What is your favorite subject?
Vocabulary: Names of the lessons ( Maths, Science, Physical Education, Art, Music, Chess, Computer, English)


Presentation:
Activity: Showing a Powerpoint presentation which include some pictures and patterns about the lessons
Procedure: The teacher shows the presentation and talk about the lessons.
Aim: The aim is to make students aware of the names of the lessons and relevant patterns about the topic such as “What is your favorite subject/lesson?”. In this way, students can realize the vocabulary and patterns of the unit.
Material: Powerpoint presentation which includes pictures and patterns of the unit
Practice:
Activity 1: Listening to a song which is about lessons
Aims: One of the aims is to make students motivate by using a song and make them enjoy while learning the topic. The other aim is to improve students’ listening and pronunciation skills. The last aim is to make the topic and vocabulary permanent for students.
Procedure: The teacher makes students listen to the song. Firstly, they only listen to the song; and in the second time they try to sing the song alltogether.
Material: A song with a video

SONG
What is your favorite subject?
By Richard Graham
What is your favorite subject?
What is your favorite subject?
What is your favorite subject?
What is your favorite subject?

I like math ( I like math)
I like art    ( I like art)
I like science ( I like science)
I like P.E  ( I like P.E)
( Repeat Chorus)

I like music (I like music)
I like english ( I like english)
Social studies  (social studies)

Activity 2: Fill in the blanks
Aim: The aim is to make students practice the lessons. The another aim is to focus students’ attention on the pronunciation of the words of lessons; because they will try to find the missing word by listening to the music.
Procedure: The teacher gives worksheets to the students; then they listen to the song and try to fill in the blanks.
Material: Song and Worksheets
Worksheet:
SONG
What is your favorite subject?
What is your ……….. subject?
What is your favorite ……….?
What is your favorite subject?
What is your favorite subject?

I like ……..
I ……. art   
I like ……….
I like P.E 
( Repeat Chorus)

I like ………
I like ……….
Social studies

Production:
Activity: Creating a new song by using lessons and relevant patterns
Aim: The aim is to make students produce the relevant patterns and language and make them use their knowledge about the topic.
Procedure: The teacher divides the students into groups in five. Students try to create a short song by using the names of the lessons and relevant patterns. Then, students will share their songs with the class.
Material: A pencil and paper

No comments: