Hi Everyone,

Participants are needed to fill out two surveys for two researches about prospective English teachers. You can find the links below, thank you.

An ideal foreign (English) teacher: http://www.surveey.com/SurveyStart.aspx?lang=2&surv=99bad792cd3f4541a703632fbc803f30

Students' Perceptions of Plagiaris: http://www.surveey.com/SurveyStart.aspx?lang=2&surv=17077df611f6424cbdb87f418ffa6605

Sunday, April 28, 2013

4th Grade Unit 3 My Family Songs


FATMA KAYA 09131048 3-B

TEACHING SONG

Grade: 4th

Unit 3: My Family

Language point: Learn some family members’ name






Aims:
·          To make students remember the family members’ name
·         To enhance students’ listening skills
·         To draw students’ interest and attention with the help of the song
·         To make lesson entertaining and interesting for students



1-Presentation

Pre-listening activity

Stages:

·          Teacher asks students whether they know ‘Muffin Song ‘about family members.
·         Then, she or he shows the video to students without opening the sound of song.
·         She/he asks students which family members they see in this song.
·         Students say their ideas and thoughts.


2- Practice
a)      Listening to song and singing the song

Stages:

·         Students listen to song twice.
·         Then, they sing this song altogether with the help of the teacher.
The lyrics of the song:

Daddy finger, daddy finger, where are you?
Here I am, here I am, how do you do?
Mummy finger, mummy finger, where are you?
Here I am, here I am, how do you do?
Brother finger, brother finger, where are you?
Here I am, here I am, how do you do?
Sister finger, sister finger, where are you?
Here I am, here I am, how do you do?
Baby finger, baby finger, where are you?
Here I am, here I am, how do you do?



b)      Fill in the blanks activity


Stages:

·         Teacher hands out the worksheets to students.
·         While they are listening to the song after twice, they will fill in the blanks in the worksheet.



3-Production

Making a new song

Stages:

·         Teacher divides the class into groups including 4 or 5 students.
·         Students can create their own song within groups.
·         At the end of the preparation, they present their song, and they can sing a song.
·         For instance:
I have a mother, I have a father, I have a brother, and I love my family. Do you love your family? 

No comments: